get same user token in different accounts of google in chrome extension

אורי

Dec 21, 2016, 5:07:42 AM12/21/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi all
I have an google chrome extension which comes into play when the user is inside gmail. I am using chrome.identity.getAuthToken to get the token of user
I have the following problem

  I would like to get the logged in user's token or email address

for example

The chrome user profile is a...@gmail.com. So when I login to the gmail, and go to the event page, i make a chrome.identity. getAuthToken, I get the token fora...@gmail.com, that is fine.
Now I login in to the calendar as b...@gmail.com. Now if I make a chrome.identity.getAuthToken, I still get the token for a...@gmail.com.

How could I get the oauth token for the logged in user which is b this time?.

Tnx!!!

PhistucK

Dec 21, 2016, 1:54:12 PM12/21/16
to אורי, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I believe the identity API is for the user that is signed into Chrome, not signed into their Google account in the web.
So you can be signed into your Google account 1 in Chrome, but sign into Google account 2 in GMail and neither of them will be linked in any way, they are completely separate.
(On Chrome for Android, they may not be separate, but that is a different story and Chrome for Android does not support extensions anyway, so it is irrelevant here)

In short, I do not think chrome.identity can help you accomplish your goal.

Other than using public Google APIs (if such APIs are available), Chrome cannot really help you here.

PhistucK

אורי

Dec 22, 2016, 6:38:43 AM12/22/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, oriam...@gmail.com
HEY
thank for your answer!
But, Im not sure to where i am going from here ? what I need to look for?
I could get the token_id in chrome but it's always just the user who install the extension and not who sign in to gmail .. what request I need to send to google to get the user_token of the current gmail user?

thanks!

בתאריך יום רביעי, 21 בדצמבר 2016 בשעה 20:54:12 UTC+2, מאת PhistucK:

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM, אורי <oriam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all
I have an google chrome extension which comes into play when the user is inside gmail. I am using chrome.identity.getAuthToken to get the token of user
I have the following problem

  I would like to get the logged in user's token or email address

for example

The chrome user profile is a...@gmail.com. So when I login to the gmail, and go to the event page, i make a chrome.identity. getAuthToken, I get the token fora...@gmail.com, that is fine.
Now I login in to the calendar as b...@gmail.com. Now if I make a chrome.identity.getAuthToken, I still get the token for a...@gmail.com.

How could I get the oauth token for the logged in user which is b this time?.

Tnx!!!

PhistucK

Dec 22, 2016, 6:41:34 AM12/22/16
to אורי, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
No idea, out of scope for this group, though. Perhaps stackoverlow.com could help.

PhistucK

PhistucK

Mitchell Gildenberg

May 8, 2017, 2:58:33 PM5/8/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, oriam...@gmail.com
If this was ever resolved, I am very curious as to the solution approach.

PhistucK

PhistucK

John Gachina

May 8, 2017, 3:04:22 PM5/8/17
to Mitchell Gildenberg, Chromium-Extensions-Announce, oriam...@gmail.com
I have a question for you all. Why are you making your extensions free? Don't you want money?

PhistucK

PhistucK

John Gachina

May 8, 2017, 3:04:44 PM5/8/17
to Mitchell Gildenberg, Chromium-Extensions-Announce, oriam...@gmail.com
Wha ha hy?

Social

May 8, 2017, 3:07:29 PM5/8/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, mg...@umich.edu, oriam...@gmail.com
I have built my extension - Facebook Backup - since I wasn't able to find something like this.
And with 5 users - there is no reason to think about monetization. :)

PhistucK

PhistucK

Mitchell Gildenberg

May 8, 2017, 3:09:31 PM5/8/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, mg...@umich.edu, oriam...@gmail.com
Most people are but that seems a bit off topic from this thread.
Wha ha hy?

PhistucK

PhistucK

John Gachina

May 8, 2017, 3:10:15 PM5/8/17
to Social, Chromium-Extensions-Announce, Mitchell Gildenberg, oriam...@gmail.com
Can I therefore conclude that most extensions get very little users?

PhistucK

PhistucK

John Gachina

May 8, 2017, 3:10:58 PM5/8/17