Chrome extension appearing "Not Compatible" for installation in Chrome Web Store

Ricardo

Mar 9, 2017, 8:06:56 PM3/9/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I developed a chrome extension using native messaging and I uploaded to the Chrome Web Store. I'm not able to install it from there because it is showing "Not Compatible" and telling me that it is an app that could only run on Chrome OS.

Please, I need help to properly declare my extension as so. I think that the Chrome Web Store is identifying my extension as an app.

Nagesh Turup

Mar 9, 2017, 11:45:04 PM3/9/17
to Ricardo, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi Ricardo,

Please check your manifest file its must be browser_action or page_action instead of App ,Chrome Apps are not supporting on Other OS than Google Chrome OS

Regards,
Nagesh

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Ricardo <ricardo...@rsixsolutions.com> wrote:
I developed a chrome extension using native messaging and I uploaded to the Chrome Web Store. I'm not able to install it from there because it is showing "Not Compatible" and telling me that it is an app that could only run on Chrome OS.

Please, I need help to properly declare my extension as so. I think that the Chrome Web Store is identifying my extension as an app.

Regards,
Nagesh Turup
(Techmaster)

PhistucK

Mar 12, 2017, 3:52:58 AM3/12/17
to Nagesh Turup, Ricardo, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hm, they are supported at the moment, but their support is being slowly phased out.
(If it is a new Chrome application, it might already be shown as Chrome OS only, I do not remember)

PhistucK