chrome.tabs.executeScript on a specific frame

Ilan

May 26, 2016, 8:45:25 AM5/26/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi,

I'm using chrome.tabs.executeScript, and support chrome version 45+.
From what I recall when I checked (about a year ago) - it wasn't possible to supply a frameId, so I resorted to inject my script to all frames.

From what I see now, the optional frameId is available from chrome 39 (https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs#method-executeScript)
However, I want to make sure that this is indeed the case (and not a typo in the documentation).
I tried to look in the release notes, but didn't find anything.

Can anyone point me to the release notes in which this feature was added?

Thanks!
Ilan

Antony Sargent

May 26, 2016, 2:23:36 PM5/26/16
to Ilan, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Looks like that was added by https://codereview.chromium.org/1628423002 which landed as git commit c872b368db45bc6d2f2bd9a4b7a0eb2ce8d

I don't think it was specifically called out in release notes, so you might have to do some leg work to figure out exactly when it became available.

https://omahaproxy.appspot.com/ has some tools towards the bottom that can help with this.

Also possibly helpful:

Devlin Cronin