Chrome extension update - Chrome Web Store system error

Dhruv Balhara

Aug 12, 2014, 4:17:33 AM8/12/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org

When i upload an update to my extension on chrome developer dashboard, it is unable to do so and it shows,

An error occurred: Failed to process your item. Chrome Web Store system error, please try again later.

I updated the extension version in the manifest from 0.103 to 0.104, the manifest version is unchanged (2). As i made a change that did not require any extra permission, i did not make any further changes to manifest.json. The only file changed is plugin-min.js

I tested it locally on my computer as well before uploading

contents of my zip file: - icons (folder) - plugin-min.js - manifest.json

The total size of the zip file is 20.6 KB. I waited for a day and tried again; but the error persists.

Any clue as to what changes are required ?

Jacob Sebastian

Jul 13, 2017, 7:47:25 AM7/13/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Did you end up finding a solution to this problem? All the people i am seeing who encountered it did so like 2-3 years ago, i am getting it right now and have not seen any other posts about it this year.

tagt...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2017, 1:25:57 PM7/13/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I'm getting this, too. Problem with the servers maybe?

ja...@chromium.org

Jul 13, 2017, 5:32:55 PM7/13/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
It appears this was caused by a bug in the last Chrome Web Store release, but should be fixed now. Can you try uploading again?