Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

CqN

Feb 24, 2011, 12:24:58 AM2/24/11
to Chromium-extensions
Thia is a relatively newbie question, about a cr-48 extension.

I have a simple extension running ok with a popup, using my own
popup.html in the manifest.json.

Making a change to "popup": line

"browser_action": {
"popup": "file:///media/my_sdcard_vol/music"
}

and after installing the extension and opening it, I get the error
This Web Page Not Found
Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

For comparison, I can open the same file url in one of my tabs ok,
which displays the folder contents. (And then clicking an mp3 file in
that folder, I can play thru the built in media player).

Any suggestions as to how to fix? Thanks.

CqN

PhistucK

Feb 24, 2011, 5:51:36 AM2/24/11
to CqN, Chromium-extensions
You cannot load pages\files that are not part of your extension within the popup.
Also, the syntax is "default_popup", not "popup" (deprecated).

PhistucK

CqN

Feb 24, 2011, 10:27:04 AM2/24/11
to Chromium-extensions
Thanks, Phistuck. So what is the extension mechanism to get the
equivalent of such an mp3 file from media, play with the built in
media player thru an extension? Essentially my goal is how to get
going on creating a the simplest of audio players. Any full sample
working code of anything like you can refer me to, please?

CqN

On Feb 24, 2:51 am, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You cannot load pages\files that are not part of your extension within the
> popup.
> Also, the syntax is "default_popup", not "popup" (deprecated).
>
> ☆*PhistucK*
>

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 07:24, CqN <chackoner...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thia is a relatively newbie question, about a cr-48 extension.
>
> > I have a simple extension running ok with a popup, using my own
> > popup.html in the manifest.json.
>
> > Making a change to "popup": line
>
> > "browser_action":  {
> > "popup": "file:///media/my_sdcard_vol/music"
> > }
>
> >  and after installing the extension and opening it, I get the error
> > This Web Page Not Found
> > Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
>
> > For comparison, I can open the same file url in one of my tabs ok,
> > which displays the folder contents. (And then clicking an mp3 file in
> > that folder, I can play thru the built in media player).
>
> > Any suggestions as to how to fix?  Thanks.
>
> > CqN

PhistucK

Feb 24, 2011, 12:31:43 PM2/24/11
to CqN, Chromium-extensions
I am pretty sure it is not possible at this point in any way.

PhistucK