Paid Chrome extension suddenly jumped 6,000 users, but very few purchases!?

52 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

George Kushnir

no leída,
13 oct 2015, 11:05:46 a.m.13/10/15
para Chromium-extensions
This is a bit of a doozy for me.

I host a Chrome Extension on the Web Store that was free for a long time (over a year). When it hit around 23.5k users, I started charging for it. Naturally, the Weekly Users stagnated and even slowly started dropping as less people were reinstalling/purchasing compared to those uninstalling. OK. I had a few extra dollars in my pocket each day and that was fine with me. This continued for about 3 weeks.

Suddenly, two days ago, the user count jumps from 23,000 to 25,500. Weird. This morning, my extension jumps up yet another several thousand users to nearly 30,000! As elated as I am, what the hell is going on?? My extension is paid and I only get half a dozen purchases at most on a daily basis.

How did my extension increase by a third of its active userbase almost overnight when it's a paid extension, and I most definitely didn't see those conversions? Surely it wouldn't make sense that a third of my active users woke up and became active overnight. Or are Google statistics really that screwed up? Is there a way to pirate paid chrome extensions that would cause it to be reported in my statistics (and even then it seems crazy unlikely)?

Antony Sargent

no leída,
13 oct 2015, 6:12:03 p.m.13/10/15
para George Kushnir,Chromium-extensions