Need Help - Disable Form Autofill In Chrome

Surjadeep Banerjee

Dec 3, 2016, 2:16:42 PM12/3/16
to Chromium-discuss
Hello Team,

I would like to disable form autofill in chrome (version : 54.0.2840.99 m) from JavaScript. I have tried all possible solutions out there but none of them works for me.
Need help.

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

PhistucK

Dec 3, 2016, 2:18:48 PM12/3/16
to surjadeep...@sial.com, Chromium-discuss
Beside constantly changing the name/id/label of the field, I do not think there is a way. It is usually user-hostile.

PhistucK

Daniel Toyama

Dec 3, 2016, 10:14:03 PM12/3/16
to phis...@gmail.com, Roger McFarlane, surjadeep...@sial.com, Chromium-discuss
+rogerm

Roger McFarlane

Dec 5, 2016, 1:51:57 AM12/5/16
to Daniel Toyama, phis...@gmail.com, surjadeep...@sial.com, Chromium-discuss
+chromium-discuss for realz

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Roger McFarlane <rog...@chromium.org> wrote:
Hi Surjadeep,

You can suppress autofill of address fields (i.e., fields which are not credit card or login/password related) on desktop platforms using the autocomplete="off" attribute at the form or field level. This method of suppression does not apply to mobile platforms.

What exactly is your scenario/context?

Regards,

Roger

Surjadeep Banerjee

Dec 5, 2016, 2:57:15 AM12/5/16
to Roger McFarlane, Daniel Toyama, phis...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Hello Roger,

Thanks for the reply.
I have actually one issue regarding the autofill in credit card info that changes the order quantity after users allowing cc autofill to save in.
I need to know besides the standard way to block the chrome autofill option, is there any way we can do in via javascript ?

Sincerely,

Surjadeep Banerjee

JavaScript Analyst

Merck
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
7th Floor, No.95/1 & 95/2, Tower 2, CGI Building, E City Phase 1Bengaluru | India
Phone: +91 80 6621 7972 | Mobile: +91 99 00 5333 89
Email: surjadeep...@sial.com | www.sigma-aldrich.com
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation is a subsidiary of Merck

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 12:47 AM, Roger McFarlane <rog...@chromium.org> wrote:
Hi Surjadeep,

You can suppress autofill of address fields (i.e., fields which are not credit card or login/password related) on desktop platforms using the autocomplete="off" attribute at the form or field level. This method of suppression does not apply to mobile platforms.

What exactly is your scenario/context?

Regards,

Roger

PhistucK

Dec 5, 2016, 3:04:16 AM12/5/16
to Surjadeep Banerjee, Roger McFarlane, Daniel Toyama, Chromium-discuss
What does it change to? Perhaps the CVV number or the expiration date?
If so and you already have fields for that, you can use autocomplete=cc-csc for the CVV number and autocomplete=cc-exp for the expiration date.
Otherwise, query the various autocomplete values here and pick one that suits the most -

PhistucK

Roger McFarlane

Dec 5, 2016, 11:50:51 AM12/5/16
to PhistucK, Surjadeep Banerjee, Daniel Toyama, Chromium-discuss
Hi Surjadeep,

It sounds like autofill is mis-classifying your quantity field. If you're able to share (feel free to email me privately), the details of the form in question would be helpful for diagnosis (i.e., field names, ids and types as well as the user-visible label, location and action urls, etc).

Otherwise, PhistucK's suggestions should help, as might renaming the quantity field.

Surjadeep Banerjee

May 31, 2017, 9:50:30 AM5/31/17
to Chromium-discuss
Hello All,

It sounds like discussion a long time ago and now come to priority again the chrome autofill that creates issues by changing the order quantity in shopping cart page.

At first, let me attach two screen shots,

This screen describes the Quantity textbox which is pre-populated in cart page as value 1

Quantity value changes to 05 which is taking from credit card expiry month as soon user try to enter credit card number and the autofill come into action and changes the quantity field value.

Credit Card Number Field:
ID: formattedCardNumber
Name: sialNumberOfCart
Type: Input Text

Quantity Field:
ID: Not given
Name: quantity_1
Type: Input Text

Please let me know if anything I can help.

Thanks,
Surjadeep

PhistucK

May 31, 2017, 12:18:28 PM5/31/17
to Surjadeep Banerjee, Chromium-discuss
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Surjadeep Banerjee

May 31, 2017, 10:34:31 PM5/31/17
to PhistucK, Chromium-discuss
I have not found any proper solution for this yet.​

Sincerely,

Surjadeep Banerjee

Technical Analyst