New launcher

Phil Gagner

Apr 29, 2015, 11:18:21 AM4/29/15
to chromium...@chromium.org
Holy moly, guys, what have you done to the launcher in this latest release? Have you learned nothing from the Windows 8 "start menu-gate"? Most of us appreciate the simplicity of Chrome. This splashscreen Windows 8-style "Start Menu" launcher is a terrible step backwards, in my most humblest of opinions. :) How about an option to switch it back to the pop-up style for those of us who prefer that, and those who like the invasive new splashscreen can continue to use that?

-Phil

Brian Borders

Apr 29, 2015, 11:22:54 AM4/29/15
to chromium...@chromium.org

Agreed...   I wish Chromium and Android were a little more uniform and this is a step in the wrong direction...

MSI Team

Apr 30, 2015, 2:44:18 PM4/30/15
to chromium...@chromium.org
Which launcher? Can you provide a screenshot?

Phil Gagner

Apr 30, 2015, 4:38:32 PM4/30/15
to chromium...@chromium.org
o_O

On my Chromebook, when I hover over the magnifying glass on the lower left, it says "Launcher." When I used to click on it, a menu would pop up to access my apps. Now, a Google splashscreen comes up and I have to click on "All Apps" in order to see my apps.

Reilly Grant

May 1, 2015, 11:28:40 AM5/1/15
to sha...@gmail.com, chromium...@chromium.org

It's a lot faster to just press the "search" key and start typing the name of the app you want to open. It will also function the same as the omnibox in a new tab. Placing the window in the center of the screen is less visually jarring than having to look in the corner but I agree it is harder to navigate to it with the mouse after you have clicked the search button.