Chromium not sending both proxy-authorization and authorization headers

Sarfaraz Ahmad

May 23, 2018, 6:07:48 AM5/23/18
to Chromium-discuss
This is very weird. I have Chromium behind a Squid Proxy (not transparent but explicit proxy configured in Internet options) and the proxy then accesses a local application.

Everywhere kerberos is being used for Authentication.

This is expected behavior  (and the one I see with Firefox)
1. Firefox - HTTP-GET -> 2. 407 Proxy Auth required returned by Proxy -> 3. Firefox's again replied with HTTP-GET with Proxy-Auth: Negotiate header added -> 4.  The local application reverts with  401 (No Authorization header was added by Firefox yet so my local app fails to auth the user and returns a 401) -> 5. Firefox's HTTP/GET with Proxy-Authorization and Authorization headers  -> 6. And finally HTTP/200 from the local application.

But Chromium doesn't send both Proxy-Authorization and Authorization headers in Step 4. I have set my internet options to not bypass the proxy for any local address so everything should go through there.

only plain HTTP is being used to the proxy does not TCP-Tunnel for HTTP CONNECT requests.

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Sarfaraz