--allow-no-sandbox-job switch not valid in v54

Mario V

Oct 21, 2016, 5:57:06 PM10/21/16
to Chromium-discuss
Since the v54 update, Chrome published via Citrix XenApp (via Microsoft RDS) launches for a brief second and then closes on its own.
The issue appears to be related to the --allow-no-sandbox-job switch. Here is the command line being published:

C:\Progra~2\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe "https://anyWebsiteAddress.com" --allow-no-sandbox-job --disable-gpu

Changing the syntax to --no-sandbox does work but it also displays a message across the top of the browser "You are using an unsupported command-line flag" --no-sandbox. Stability and security will suffer."

Anyone else experience the same? I expect this to be common occurrence among Citrix implementations and looking for help.....

Thanks
Mario

Kevin Ray

Oct 25, 2016, 2:07:10 AM10/25/16
to Chromium-discuss
Mario,
I am seeing the exact same behavior.
We are running XenApp 7.8 and delivering shared desktop off a 2008R2 server.
Since Chrome updated to v54, this seems to have stopped working.
Remove the  --allow-no-sandbox-job and it launches, but with a sad face and no access to anything.
Run with just --no-sandbox and same message at top.
Let me know if you find out any more about this.
It is killing me.

Paul Reno

Oct 25, 2016, 2:11:22 AM10/25/16
to Chromium-discuss
Same issue here in both 7.8 and 6.5

Julian Pastarmov

Oct 25, 2016, 5:07:54 AM10/25/16
to Chromium-discuss
I filed https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=659026 to follow up on this issue. Please follow the bug for progress on the investigation.

Julian Pastarmov

Oct 27, 2016, 7:19:46 AM10/27/16
to Chromium-discuss
For completeness on this thread. The bug has been identified and fixed. We are expecting it to get into a new stable release before the end of the week.