Touch support for Linux

Rene Fichter

Nov 14, 2013, 2:21:07 AM11/14/13
to chromium...@chromium.org
Hello,

I'm wondering when Chromium for Linux will get true touch support. As for now the browser doesn't register any events, even though xinput reports them.

After digging around a bit I found the following:
Just to clarify for anyone that may search for this bug: linux GTK chrome won't support touch. Eventually we'll switch linux chrome from GTK to Aura and get touch support nearly for free.

So I guess I'll just have to wait for Linux Chromium to get ported to Aura. Does anybody know how far away that is?

-- Rene

Zachary Yaro

Nov 14, 2013, 3:47:11 PM11/14/13
to rene.f...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss

I believe it was recently announced that the dev channel was switching to Aura.

—Zachary Yaro

dhw

Nov 15, 2013, 5:52:16 AM11/15/13
to chromium...@chromium.org, rene.f...@gmail.com
Yes, I believe Aura is now targeted for public release in upcoming Chrome 33.