AutoSelectCertificateForUrls policy

zac

May 3, 2012, 6:00:46 AM5/3/12
to Chromium-discuss
As I understand it, the AutoSelectCertificateForUrls policy when set
is supposed to automatically select client certificate based on the
issuer and url. But it doesn't work for me. Chromium keeps showing the
certificate select dialog.
I need this feature since it will be used as kiosk app. So far I have
been using firefox (it has autoselect certficate option), but chromium
is my favorit browser and I want to switch.
Is this policy what I need and I'm doing something wrong or is there
some another way of making this possible?

OS: WinXP SP2
Chromium: the latest...

Joao da Silva

May 3, 2012, 6:09:30 AM5/3/12
to zeljko...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss, markus...@chromium.org, Glenn Wilson
How are you configuring the policy? Please take into account that Chrome and Chromium load policies from different registry locations, and the ADM/ADMX templates usually configure only Chrome. Does it work with Chrome?

- Joao

zac

May 3, 2012, 6:20:20 AM5/3/12
to Chromium-discuss
I am aware of the different location. I have tried both browsers and
it doesn't work in either

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Chromium
\AutoSelectCertificateForUrls
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome
\AutoSelectCertificateForUrls

The key is 1 and the value is
{\"pattern\":\"https://kladomat.supersport.hr\",\"filter\":{\"ISSUER\":
{\"CN\":\"Mobilnet CA\"}}}

On May 3, 12:09 pm, Joao da Silva <joaodasi...@chromium.org> wrote:
> How are you configuring the policy? Please take into account that Chrome
> and Chromium load policies from different registry locations, and the
> ADM/ADMX templates usually configure only Chrome. Does it work with Chrome?
>
> - Joao
>

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM, zac <zeljko.kun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As I understand it, the AutoSelectCertificateForUrls policy when set
> > is supposed to automatically select client certificate based on the
> > issuer and url. But it doesn't work for me. Chromium keeps showing the
> > certificate select dialog.
> > I need this feature since it will be used as kiosk app. So far I have
> > been using firefox (it has autoselect certficate option), but chromium
> > is my favorit browser and I want to switch.
> > Is this policy what I need and I'm doing something wrong or is there
> > some another way of making this possible?
>
> > OS: WinXP SP2
> > Chromium: the latest...

Joao da Silva

May 3, 2012, 6:23:23 AM5/3/12
to zac, Chromium-discuss
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM, zac <zeljko...@gmail.com> wrote:
It doesn't work in Chrome either. I have created it manualy for both
chrome and chromium (while trying):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Chromium
\AutoSelectCertificateForUrls
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome
\AutoSelectCertificateForUrls

The key is called 1 and has the following value:

{\"pattern\":\"https://kladomat.supersport.hr\",\"filter\":{\"ISSUER\":
{\"CN\":\"Mobilnet CA\"}}}

Try removing the backslashes, they are only required if the policies are configured in a JSON file (on Linux, for example). Can you post what about:policy shows for that policy? The value displayed there should not have any backslashes.

On May 3, 12:09 pm, Joao da Silva <joaodasi...@chromium.org> wrote:
> How are you configuring the policy? Please take into account that Chrome
> and Chromium load policies from different registry locations, and the
> ADM/ADMX templates usually configure only Chrome. Does it work with Chrome?
>
> - Joao
>

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM, zac <zeljko.kun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As I understand it, the AutoSelectCertificateForUrls policy when set
> > is supposed to automatically select client certificate based on the
> > issuer and url. But it doesn't work for me. Chromium keeps showing the
> > certificate select dialog.
> > I need this feature since it will be used as kiosk app. So far I have
> > been using firefox (it has autoselect certficate option), but chromium
> > is my favorit browser and I want to switch.
> > Is this policy what I need and I'm doing something wrong or is there
> > some another way of making this possible?
>
> > OS: WinXP SP2
> > Chromium: the latest...

zac

May 3, 2012, 6:39:10 AM5/3/12
to Chromium-discuss
I have removed backslashes and it seems to work! Thanks.

What probably made me keep tham is that when I had imported the
template it left those slashes. And also policy documentation contains
them:
http://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3#AutoSelectCertificateForUrls

Richard Calaba

May 18, 2013, 12:09:36 AM5/18/13
to chromium...@chromium.org
1st thanx for posting this - especially the Windows registry path ... as in the referred page it's not fully specified that it is HKLM branch.

I can confirm it is working.

Not sure what is meant by 'all sites' but you can add more patterns/rules to match the site and the certificates in your certificate storage. In my case - Windows - I just kept adding new keys 2, 3, 4 ... under the above mentioned Windows registry path. Works nice.

Had small issue - my http://*.xxx.xxx pattern didn't work to match all servers 'under' particular domain ... but so far I can live with spelling them all ...

Thanx guys for this one, that was really annoying popup for the certificate selection - is not anymore :)

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:02:50 AM UTC-7, ryan shimek wrote:
Has anyone figured out how do do this for all sites?

Joao da Silva

May 21, 2013, 7:35:43 AM5/21/13
to cal...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Setting the pattern to * should make it work for all sites:

{\"pattern\": \"*\", \"filter\": { ... } }

Sergii Oliinyk

Sep 26, 2013, 7:57:27 AM9/26/13
to chromium...@chromium.org

Guys,

Could you help me with the certificate.

I've a local website which is built by JBoss https://localhost:8443/myswebsite  and certificate, cannot  suppress the "Confirm certificate" dialog in  Google Chrome

{"pattern":"https://localhost:8443/mywebsite","filter":{"ISSUER":{"CN":"certificate name"}}}

Should certificate name be like a file name of certificate or the same as shows in "Confirm certificate" dialog, which adds to file name - SSL certificate name + SSL.

Thank you in advance

Sergii Oliinyk

Sep 26, 2013, 8:08:14 AM9/26/13
to chromium...@chromium.org

Четвер, 3 травня 2012 р. 12:00:46 UTC+2 користувач zac написав:

Could you help me solve  AutoAcceptCertificate problem in Chrome
I've followed the instructions from this website:
http://technology.mattrude.com/2013/04/autoselectcertificateforurls/#comment-188

and used {“pattern”:”https://localhost:8443/mywebsite”,”filter”:{“ISSUER”:{“CN”:”certificate file name”}}} , should certificate name be as file name certificate in Windows  or the same as it shows  in a confirm certificate window once opens URL's in Chrome, which is certificate name + (CA_SSL)  ???

Thank you in advance

Rahul Rathore

Mar 22, 2019, 4:55:21 AM3/22/19
to Chromium-discuss
In case someone is landing here to configure AutoSelectCertificateForUrls, below link will help:
I have done same way, and it worked for me.