Intranet URL and slash

Andre Pevec

Jun 27, 2016, 6:56:29 AM6/27/16
to Chromium-discuss
Hello,

we use Chrome for Work with GPO in our Company. Works fine, but if we want to load INTRA-Sites like "webservername" it doesnt work, chrome open with google search.. Only if we enter slash after the URL "webservername/" it works....how we can set them with GPO that Intranetsites works?

any idea...with IE works fine.

thx to all for Help.

PhistucK

Jun 27, 2016, 10:12:33 AM6/27/16
to pevec...@googlemail.com, Chromium-discuss
Just a thought - if the user has that URL bookmarked before they go to it, does it work without the slash?

PhistucK

Primiano Tucci

Jun 27, 2016, 11:12:03 AM6/27/16
to pevec...@googlemail.com, Chromium-discuss
There seems to be an answer here on stackoverflow

IIRC you should also be able to push search engine rules via corp policies.

PhistucK

Jun 27, 2016, 12:33:20 PM6/27/16
to Primiano Tucci, Andre Pevec, Chromium-discuss
This is a pretty bad hacky workaround... Changing the helpful default search engine to one that does not search. :|

PhistucK