Help - Script not working in the new update

Hans Petter Endresen

Jan 29, 2016, 1:55:03 AM1/29/16
to Chromium-discuss
Hello. I use a script called DoA Power Tools Teamwork for the game "dragons of atlantis". I have downloaded the script from the chrome market. It worked fine until I recently updated chrome, then it stopped working properly. I have read that chrome added a patch to attempt to disable scripts that other users have complained about, and unfortunately the script I use was mixed up in the batch.

Usually, when went to my game, my script did not load at first. It was stuck a loading language. Also, this shield-looking button used to come up in the right corner of my screen:

I clicked it and clicked on the blue text that said something like "download unsafe scripts". It looked like this:

When I had clicked the "download unsafe scripts"-button, My script loaded properly. The problem is that after the update, that shield-looking icon on my URL is not there, and my script is always stuck at loading language.
I have tried changing my script-settings, both to allow scripts(as it is by default) and to not allow scripts, but to have my script as an exeption.
I have also tried to download a program from the chrome market that was supposed to enable my scripts. It did not make any difference.
Still, I cannot figure out how to get my script working again. Can anyone please help me? How do I get my script working again?

Specs:
I use windows 7 enterprise
I have a 32-bit operating system
I have google chrome version 48.0.2564.97

Joe Mason

Jan 29, 2016, 11:20:27 AM1/29/16
to hanspette...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
The extension needs to be updated to use "https://..." instead of "http://..." for all the resources it requests, because the main Age of Dragons site is using https. Extensions aren't allowed to load https urls from http sites any more, due to the danger.

While you're waiting for them to update, the one labelled Firefox Version still works. (It actually works on Chrome too, it's just installed differently.) I guess mixed content loads are blocked from extensions but still just a warning from user scripts? I wouldn't rely on that continuing, though - the developers really should fix their script.

The easiest way to install the "Firefox Version" is:

Uninstall the Teamwork extension by going to chrome://extensions and clicking the Trash icon next to it
Install Tampermonkey from the web store
Go to https://wackoscripts.com/ and click "Click Here for Teamwork" under "Firefox Install". A Tampermonkey page will open with details of the script and an Install button.

A technical aside: I tried various methods of forcing Chrome to autoconvert the url, http://realm491.c13.castle.rykaiju.com/api/locales/en/get_serialized_static?%5F=1454080918, to https, including the "Use HTTPS" extension (like "HTTPS Everywhere" but easier to add custom domains to) and setting HSTS for the domain in chrome://net-internals/#hsts. But Inspector kept showing the http url as "blocked:mixed-content". Are the mixed content checks done before HSTS has a chance to rewrite the URL? Or is HSTS just not applied to extensions?

Hans Petter Endresen

Jan 29, 2016, 5:13:57 PM1/29/16
to Chromium-discuss, hanspette...@gmail.com
Thank you very much for taking the time and helping me. The firefox version is working fine. I am sorry but most the technical aside with the HTTPS and HSTS, I do not understand, so I can not answer your question. Again, thank you for taking of your time and looking into this.