How about add QR code for the URL feature?

Duke DAI

Dec 3, 2016, 2:16:12 PM12/3/16
to Chromium-discuss
Hi all,

More and more mobile users in the world. When opening URL in desktop, sometimes I would like share the link via mobile. So if there is QR code icon(click and popup QR code), it would be very helpful.
What do you think about the feature?

Thanks,
Duke

Sidney San Martín

Dec 9, 2016, 11:57:46 AM12/9/16
to duke.d...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
I like this idea, but it sounds like it should start out as an extension and not a built-in feature.

Jonathan Garbee

Dec 9, 2016, 6:54:57 PM12/9/16
to s...@chromium.org, duke.d...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss

QR codes aren't as well known as people think. I'm sure an extension already exists for this, if not it should be easy to build. Not something I think should go into Chrome's core though.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chromium-discuss" group.

Duke DAI

Dec 13, 2016, 4:38:52 AM12/13/16
to Jonathan Garbee, s...@chromium.org, Chromium-discuss
Thanks. Yes, there are several extention for the purpose. I'm using one of them and it is very helpful.

Best regards,
Duke
If not now, when? If not me, who?