Does Chromium use TLS v1.0, v1.1 or v1.2?

Juan Pablo Astillero

Aug 17, 2017, 8:09:22 AM8/17/17
to Chromium-discuss
Hello everybody!

     Does Chromium use TLS v1.0, v1.1 or v1.2?

     I need to disable SSL protocols on a server connected to clients using Chromium. I wanted to know if I can disable SSL on the server without having inconveniences between communications with Chromium clients.

Regards.

PhistucK

Aug 17, 2017, 8:17:56 AM8/17/17
to jpast...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Chromium supports TLS 1.2. It also supports lower version to a certain extent, as far as I know, for web compatibility.
You should use TLS 1.2 if it is possible.

PhistucK

Juan Pablo Astillero

Aug 17, 2017, 8:34:48 AM8/17/17
to Chromium-discuss, jpast...@gmail.com
Then I could disable the SSL protocols on the IIS server leaving the TLS without negatively impacting on the communication of the clients?

PhistucK

PhistucK

Aug 17, 2017, 8:49:49 AM8/17/17
to jpast...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
I think so. As long as they use an up to date Chrome/Chromium version (and perhaps other browsers as well, but I cannot vouch for them), yeah.

PhistucK

Juan Pablo Astillero

Aug 17, 2017, 9:33:13 AM8/17/17
to Chromium-discuss, jpast...@gmail.com