Password Manager - Registry Modification

Infostruction

Jun 23, 2015, 6:45:36 PM6/23/15
to chromium...@chromium.org
Hi,

The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome (PasswordManagerEnabled) does not seem to have the intended outcome, in my testing.

We are attempting to enforce this on Google Chrome 43, in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. The regkey doesn't seem to change the user's password settings, and it can be turned on/off. We are doing a direct write to the setting using a 3rd party tool, not group policy.

Can it only be done in Group Policy?

Any other recommended ways to enforce a disable of the Password Manager?

Thanks,
Matthew

Bartosz Fabianowski

Jun 24, 2015, 4:42:51 AM6/24/15
to mat...@infostruction.com, chromium...@chromium.org
You can write some policy settings to the registry directly, but *only*
if the machine is joined to an AD domain.

- Bartosz