Chrome Aw snap issue after sequencing with 4.6 App-v, No issues while sequenced with App-v 5.0

mastan vali

Jul 25, 2016, 3:58:00 AM7/25/16
to Chromium-discuss
We sequence chrome with App-v in our organization and it has been pretty successful so far. With the new version we are facing "Aw snap" issue on every page. Even cant access the settings, extensions.

We already use --disable-direct-write --allow-outdated-plugins settings as part of customization's.

However usage of --no-sandbox is resolving this.

Can any one provide some inputs of why it is happening in this version and as well will there be any issues in terms of security if we use --no-sandbox.

PhistucK

Jul 25, 2016, 3:59:01 AM7/25/16
to mast...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Ilya Kulshin

Jul 25, 2016, 2:26:19 PM7/25/16
to PhistucK Productions, mast...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
If you run Chrome and let it crash, then run it with the --no-sandbox flag and go to chrome://crashes/ does it show you a list of crashes? If so, can you tell us some of the crash ids?

Scott Wahl

Jul 28, 2016, 2:25:17 AM7/28/16
to Chromium-discuss, phis...@gmail.com, mast...@gmail.com
IIya,
I've been using AppV 5.0 SP3 for the last 16 months to virtualize Chrome and haven't had any problems until version 51.  I've tried launching Chrome without any switches and get the same "Aw snap" behavior that Mastan gets.  When virtualized, Chrome 51+ doesn't seem to render a page.  I can't bring up websites even though Chrome will display matching search terms correctly and it will not render any chrome://???? page.   Any other suggestions?

Scott