DOM element's context-box is wrong when using CSS Transforms like skew

Marco Scabbiolo

Jun 30, 2016, 1:03:26 PM6/30/16
to Chromium-discuss
Please refer to this stackoverflow question to understand what I'm talking about.

Basically, when you make a radical transformation of a DOM element with CSS transforms like skew, some features like jQuery's drag & drop don't work because the dimmesions and the position of the element do not reflect the shape taken by it in the screen.

I know this must be a really hard thing to achieve, and may lead to a lot of complexity, but it's there.

PhistucK

Jun 30, 2016, 1:48:14 PM6/30/16
to scabbio...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Since there is no way to do it and you want all of the browsers to do this, you should suggest this to the standards group.
A user friendly way to do that is to post a request (some example API is preferred, though) at discourse.wicg.io.

PhistucK