Nested flexboxes in Chrome do not seem to inherit height

Jos Vos

May 4, 2015, 8:57:29 AM5/4/15
to chromium...@chromium.org
When I nest some flexboxes as in http://jsfiddle.net/josvos/02whbmt0/ the result is what I expect in Firefox (this example contains 8 levels of nested flex items), but in Chrome the elements get 100% height of the window, instead of 100% of the surrounding flex container. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

This applies to all platforms I tried (Chrome and FIrefox on Linux, Mac OS/X and Android 5.x), in all cases with the latest versions of both Chrome and Firefox.

Jonathan Garbee

May 4, 2015, 12:27:15 PM5/4/15
to jos...@gmail.com, chromium...@chromium.org
Maybe another symptom of this issue? https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=478900  Seems roughly the same result type.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:57 AM Jos Vos <jos...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I nest some flexboxes as in http://jsfiddle.net/josvos/02whbmt0/ the result is what I expect in Firefox (this example contains 8 levels of nested flex items), but in Chrome the elements get 100% height of the window, instead of 100% of the surrounding flex container. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

This applies to all platforms I tried (Chrome and FIrefox on Linux, Mac OS/X and Android 5.x), in all cases with the latest versions of both Chrome and Firefox.

Christian Biesinger

May 6, 2015, 7:40:44 PM5/6/15
to jonatha...@gmail.com, jos...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
No, it's a different bug, we don't treat stretched/flexed sizes as
definite. It's either related to
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=341310 or the same
as that one.

-christian