GPO to force install extensions can only do by Machine or User, not both.

mtisd

Jun 24, 2016, 11:10:10 AM6/24/16
to Chromium-discuss
I have a school where they requested all students to have some Chrome extensions installed when they log in. It used to work fine until I noticed they were no longer appearing. I tracked down the issue that a newer version of a program installed on our labs, LanSchool, has it's own extension "LanSchool Web Helper" that gets placed in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallForcelist

I couldn't find it stated anywhere, but if the ExtensionInstallForcelist is setup as a Machine policy, is it supposed to override and ignore the User policy? By going in chrome://policy I can see that Chrome is only seeing the one.

Bartosz Fabianowski

Jun 27, 2016, 5:51:39 AM6/27/16
to mter...@isd21.mb.ca, Chromium-discuss, Julian Pastarmov
Correct. We do not merge policy values, we just use the value read from the highest-priority source.