Cannot checkout the Chromium source code

Xue Fuqiao

Oct 18, 2016, 12:48:25 AM10/18/16
to Chromium-discuss
Hi,

I've been having a problem when trying to checkout the source code of Chromium. I tried many times, but failed each time.

I've attached the output of `fetch --no-history chromium`. The problem *seems* to be (I'm not sure) in the https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/khronosgroup/webgl.git repository.

My Internet connection: 4Mbps
OS: macOS 10.12
depot_tools revision: 1c822ade1f731ec35a3d2d3be8805f773df22c4c
Git version: 2.10.1
Xcode version: 8.0
fetch.txt

Primiano Tucci

Oct 19, 2016, 11:29:56 AM10/19/16
to xfq....@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Looks like git shallow doesn't like if the shallow file is set on the most recent commit.
Try running git -C third_party/webgl/src fetch --unshallow and then gclient sync again

Xue Fuqiao

Oct 19, 2016, 7:46:18 PM10/19/16
to Primiano Tucci, Chromium-discuss
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Primiano Tucci <prim...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Looks like git shallow doesn't like if the shallow file is set on the most
> recent commit.
> Try running git -C third_party/webgl/src fetch --unshallow and then gclient
> sync again

Thanks for the hint. I'll try it.