Why does Chrome Filesaver change the ~ to _ (tilde to underscore)

Charles Travelling

May 24, 2018, 1:22:55 AM5/24/18
to Chromium-discuss

Espan~a_y_N~un~oa~V~2018_5_16_18-23.htm  is  modified  by Chrome to

Espan_a_y_N_un_oa_V_2018_5_16_18-23.htm

The interesting thing is that Chrome READS the file name containing the tildes (~) but when I use the Blob FileSaver
it saves it changing the filename by replacing the tilde with underscores.

Why accept and read a filename one way and then save it changing the filename without respecting the developers design?

I need FileSaver blob to work to consistently on all browsers.

Firefox and Internet Explorer work fine

Chrome, Edge and Opera have the same problem.

Wonder why this is so.
TildeProblem.PNG
5 KB
TildeProblem.PNG