Too large write data is pending (server/http_connection.cc)

Boni García

Sep 25, 2016, 1:47:11 AM9/25/16
to Chromium-discuss
I am getting this error from Chrome when managing the browser automatically with Selenium Webdriver

Too large write data is pending: size=118624364, max_buffer_size=104857600

Looking into the source code (server/http_connection.cc), I see this problem happens when the buffer size handled by this component is overflown.

Is it possible to increase this limit (max_buffer_size)?

Thank you

Byungchul

Sep 28, 2016, 2:17:56 AM9/28/16
to Chromium-discuss
Yes. See HttpServer::SetSendBufferSize().

Boni García

Sep 29, 2016, 3:25:45 AM9/29/16
to Chromium-discuss
I need to change that value in a running instance of Chrome, I cannot do it directly tuning the source code. Is that possible?

Byungchul

Oct 3, 2016, 12:12:15 PM10/3/16
to Chromium-discuss
I don't think you can. Can you change data rate? If kernel can send faster than data feed, you might be able to avoid buffer limit.

Boni García

Oct 5, 2016, 8:59:56 AM10/5/16
to Chromium-discuss
Changing the date rate does not do the trick since in my case I read data only once (at the end of test, when all data is already available).

Anyway, thanks for your answers.