[extensions] Chrome Remote Desktop new permissions

320 прегледа
Пређи на прву непрочитану поруку

Goran Mrganic

непрочитано,
18. 10. 2017. 11:53:3918.10.17.
– Chromium-discuss
I posted this on the Chrome Help forum, but saw in another topic about the same subject to post here. Search didn't find anything about this here. So far, there has been no official answer, Google seems to generally ignores users on social media.

A few days ago, I noticed the yellow/orange circle with exclamation mark on Chrome. When I clicked on it, it informed me that Chrome Remote Desktop has been disabled. When I click to see why, a box popped up informing me that it requires a new permission, with only options to accept permissions or remove the extension.

The new permission says: Communicate with cooperating websites.

I tried searching what it is for, finding only people guessing what it could mean, but many left in confusion as there is no explanation about it anywhere - not even on the store page for that extension.

So, given that extension worked fine without this new permission, I'm asking 2 questions that I require answers to before I re-enable the extension.

1. Which websites are "cooperating websites"?
2. What exactly is being communicated? What data am I sending to these "cooperating websites"?

If anyone could explain what's this for, would be great. Thanks.

Torne (Richard Coles)

непрочитано,
18. 10. 2017. 12:12:4018.10.17.
– thehyp...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
I don't know specifically what this permission was added for, but the extension already has permission to communicate with anything on the internet, so it doesn't seem like this actually enables it to do anything with your data that it couldn't already do.

Одговори свима
Одговори аутору
Проследи
0 нових порука