How to Disable Import Bookmarks Display/Banner First Run

David M, Virginia

Mar 17, 2015, 1:59:21 PM3/17/15
to chromium...@chromium.org
I am using the Chrome GPO.  I need to disable the Import Bookmarks now Banner.  I have disabled "all import's including files.  I can't seem to turn off the "Import Bookmarks" first run dialog.  Does anybody have any idea's on this?

PhistucK

Mar 17, 2015, 2:25:14 PM3/17/15
to davi...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
I do not think it can be disabled. The workaround, if it is possible (I am not familiar with the policies so much), is to add a bookmark to the bookmarks bar (and not within the "Managed bookmarks" folder).
(Another workaround is to hide the bookmarks bar, of course, but it looks like you do want it to show up)

PhistucK

Bartosz Fabianowski

Mar 18, 2015, 5:14:33 AM3/18/15
to phis...@gmail.com, davi...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
There is no policy for this. But you could check
master_preferences.json. Some settings can be tweaked through that only.

- Bartosz

On 03/17/2015 07:24 PM, PhistucK wrote:
> I do not think it can be disabled. The workaround, if it is possible (I am
> not familiar with the policies so much), is to add a bookmark to the
> bookmarks bar (and not within the "Managed bookmarks" folder).
> (Another workaround is to hide the bookmarks bar, of course, but it looks
> like you do want it to show up)
>

> ☆*PhistucK*
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:59 PM, David M, Virginia <davi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am using the Chrome GPO. I need to disable the Import Bookmarks now
>> Banner. I have disabled "all import's including files. I can't seem to
>> turn off the "Import Bookmarks" first run dialog. Does anybody have any
>> idea's on this?
>>

>> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vAT5wpDX5ks/VQhrVGkCK6I/AAAAAAAAQvg/HF8LRHAZGpo/s1600/chrome2.JPG>
>>

>> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6Kv51iyaTEU/VQhrYkpRr6I/AAAAAAAAQvo/11HEk5nY2ZA/s1600/chrome1.JPG>

D Werner

Apr 25, 2017, 8:24:24 AM4/25/17
to Chromium-discuss
Go to Settings and uncheck "Always show the bookmarks bar" under "Appearance".  If you want to use and show the bookmark bar you'll first have to import something, then delete all or most of it.