Favicon for website not loading

Jonathan Rivis

Jan 14, 2017, 1:18:01 PM1/14/17
to Chromium-discuss
Hello,

I'm having an issue with my website loading it's favicon in Google Chrome.
It loads in all other browsers except for chrome.
I have tried alot of things that people have suggested, eg. Reloading website data, clearing cache. deleting the favicon file. but none of that works.
I have tried on multiple devices with different user accounts with no luck either.
My website is www.geekspot.com.au

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan Rivis

PhistucK

Jan 14, 2017, 1:24:11 PM1/14/17
to jonatha...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Why does the Content-Length HTTP response header of your favicon URL has a value of 0?

PhistucK

Full Movies

Jan 15, 2017, 2:20:15 AM1/15/17
to Chromium-discuss
i have the same problem since i activated ssl on my website full movies . i have checked via chrome inspwect element and i don't see any actual errors.

PhistucK

Jan 15, 2017, 2:22:30 AM1/15/17
to cristin...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
When I go to your website -
1. I see an intervention warning.
2. I do see a JavaScript syntax error.
3. I do see the favicon.

PhistucK

Jonathan Rivis

Jan 15, 2017, 3:14:01 AM1/15/17
to phis...@gmail.com, cristin...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
I just tried on a friends Laptop as their login on chrome. It didn't load the favicon. It shows as a white blank paper.

Also I'm not really sure what value 0 means for the favicon url.
I am using wordpress, so I haven't coded my website.

The main problem that I'm finding is that I did have a favicon previously that worked. I then updated my logo, so i changed the favicon. That's when it broke.

PhistucK

Jan 15, 2017, 4:49:59 AM1/15/17
to Jonathan Rivis, Full Movies, Chromium-discuss
​You might have done more than just changing your favicon...
Firefox tolerates that, but Chrome does not.

Here are two reduced test cases -
This one works (the <link rel="icon"> is placed within <head>) -

<link rel="icon"> is not allowed to be in <body>, per the specification, but that does not necessarily mean it should not be processed as usual.

Looks like this is a known issue (either a bug or an intended behavior, not sure) - crbug.com/154883.

PhistucK

Jonathan Rivis

Jan 15, 2017, 6:18:14 AM1/15/17
to PhistucK, Full Movies, Chromium-discuss
Hello PhistucK,

Thankyou for the explained reply. that is really helpful.

Actually you are very correct. I never thought of this. I did add this FB page like plugin to my page before changing the favicon. I never thought that was the case of all of this.

The line <div id="fb-root"></div> element would be my facebook page like element on the sidebar.
I just moved the fb header element into the sidebar widget above the current fb element.
It seems to all work now.

I also tested removing the whole facebook plugin all together. and that worked too.

Thankyou so much for your help. I've been to so many forums and no one could help.

Kind Regards,
Jon

PhistucK

Jan 15, 2017, 7:18:28 AM1/15/17
to Jonathan Rivis, Full Movies, Chromium-discuss
That <div id="fb-root"></div> does not display and does not contain anything to be displayed, it is just a placeholder for some internal Facebook housekeeping that is needed to show the stuff that will be displayed somewhere else.
You can put it anywhere you want in <body> and if you do not put it on your own, Facebook automatically adds it as the last element of <body> or something like that.

PhistucK