Very slow, very large Chrome process on Rodete

Andrea Azzini

Dec 6, 2017, 9:45:25 AM12/6/17
to Chromium-discuss
Hi team,

Chrome on my Rodete corp WS (64G RAM) runs constantly with two profiles open (corp and gmail) and the secondary (gmail) one is often very slow and loads of tabs crash. I think this used to happen on Trusty as well.
I just noticed that Chrome seems to decide to give each tab in my corp profile its own process, but almost all (dozens) of those in the personal profile are crammed in a single ginormous process taking ~2.8G of RAM. I suppose there's a connection with the poor performance.

Why is that? How can I troubleshoot?

Thanks
Best,
Andrea