updating chrome cookies without opening the browser

Rohin Gupta

Apr 28, 2015, 8:40:58 PM4/28/15
to chromium...@chromium.org
Hi,
   As the subject says, I want to update chrome cookies without opening the browser, by using some script. This is done to do autologin into certain websites as soon as the user logins to the workstations. Can anyone help me in this regard.

I have script to retrieve the cookies from server, so this part of problem is solved.

Thanks and Best Regards,
                               - Rohin

PhistucK

May 1, 2015, 6:19:44 AM5/1/15
to ronn...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
You cannot do this without Chrome, because the structure of the binary files in which the cookies are stored can change at any time.

You can, however, create an extension that uses the cookies API that does whatever you want when you launch the browser. Unless the operation is lengthy, this should generally not be noticeable by users. In the worst case, you can reload the open tabs (that show content by origins into which you want to automatically log) when you are done setting cookies.

PhistucK