Master_Preferences file

Jane Frasier

Mar 3, 2014, 12:17:16 PM3/3/14
to chromium...@chromium.org
I am using this to setup defaults that I want for a computer. It is working fine but there are some settings in Chrome that I am not seeing in the master_preferences file.

password_manager_enabled
Autofill

Also is it possible to also push an extension to users?

Thanks
Jane

ga...@itmgr.com

Mar 9, 2014, 9:49:31 AM3/9/14
to chromium...@chromium.org
I need this also for machines not controllable by Group Policies - anyone?

Joao da Silva

Mar 11, 2014, 7:15:45 AM3/11/14
to ga...@itmgr.com, Chromium-discuss
The password manager is controlled via "profile.password_manager_enabled". Autofill is controlled via "autofill.enabled". Here's how to disable both:

{
  "profile": {
    "password_manager_enabled": false
  },
  "autofill": {
    "enabled": false
  }
}

That said, this is not a supported way of configuring Chrome. The encouraged mechanism is to use group policy.

Message has been deleted

Rajesh John

Jun 18, 2015, 3:25:27 PM6/18/15
to chromium...@chromium.org, joaod...@chromium.org, ga...@itmgr.com
Following is my mater preferences file.
After installation i can see that the home page is set as i would like to, but the autofill (false) and password (false) are not set, can someone
help me see where is the mistake.
Many thanks for your time.

 {
 "homepage" : "http:xxxx:9003/",
  "homepage_is_newtabpage" : false,
  "browser" : {
  "check_default_browser": false,
  "show_home_button" : true
 },
"sync_promo" : {
   "user_skipped" : true
 },
"autofill" : {
   "enabled": false
 },
  "distribution" : {
   "skip_first_run_ui" : true,
   "show_welcome_page" : false,
   "import_search_engine" : false,
   "import_history" : false,
   "create_all_shortcuts" : true,
   "do_not_launch_chrome" : true,
   "make_chrome_default" : false,
   "make_chrome_default_for_user": false
 },
   "profile" : {
   "password_manager_enabled": false
 },
   "first_run_tab" : [
   "http://xxxxxxx:9003/"
 ]

Gabriel Charette

Jun 22, 2015, 8:39:21 AM6/22/15
to rajeshd...@gmail.com, chromium...@chromium.org, ma...@chromium.org, ishe...@chromium.org, joaod...@chromium.org, ga...@itmgr.com
Both autofill.enabled and profile.password_manager_enabled are listed properly, not sure why they're not honored.

+ma...@chromium.org +Ilya Sherman ? master_preferences will result in these being present in the initial Preferences file, any reason this wouldn't result in the desired effect? Does First Run somehow override these values?

Thanks,
Gab

Rajesh John

Jun 24, 2015, 10:24:01 AM6/24/15
to chromium...@chromium.org, ga...@itmgr.com, rajeshd...@gmail.com, ishe...@chromium.org, ma...@chromium.org, joaod...@chromium.org
Is "First Run" necesscary for the master_preferences ?
When i try to remove it, json format gets messed up.

Rajesh John