Enabling resource sharing between different sandbox processes

peng xiao

Nov 7, 2012, 7:49:09 PM11/7/12
to chromium...@chromium.org
Hi, I am working on developing something within Chromium source code; currently I get stuck on implementing a sharing mechanism, that is, embed a customized shared memory which can be seen and accessed globally by all live sandbox tab processes.

By reading available documents on the developer site, I have a basic idea in my mind of the design. The shared data (inherit base::SharedMemory) is embedded into the browser process; sandbox process sees the browser process via PID and fetches shared space through an IPC call.

However I am new to the Chromium, I took some time to dig out the source tree but still have no clue where to start. Can developers here give me an aid for the problem I encounter here?

Many thanks in advance!

Iker Jamardo

May 30, 2016, 9:32:10 AM5/30/16
to Chromium-discuss
Hello Peng,

Although you made your question years ago, I am in a similar situation. I was wondering if you found the solution already and if so, if you would be willing to share some thoughts with me.

Creating a SharedMemory instance is pretty affordable but I am lost in the way to share this memory block with another process. The unittest code I have reviewed are using the deprecated name functionality and as I am working on Chromium Android, it seems this option is unavailable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Iker