Force disable AutoFill and Suggestions using HTML or JS on Chrome

Ignacio Barral

Dec 8, 2017, 9:10:32 AM12/8/17
to Chromium-discuss
Hello,

I'm developing a CRM that has a form where the user has to enter the Name, Phone and Email of a NEW client.

The problem is that no matter how, Google Chrome (starting on version 63), always suggests previous entries to the user. I want to block that feature using HTML or Javascript.

Example of AutoFill suggestions:

I can disable the AutoFill suggestions using this hack:

autocomplete="nope"

As mentioned in this article:

But if I disable that, now the browser uses another type of input suggestions:

Example of input suggestions:

I think that Chrome suggest previous entries to that field,  and I can't disable that.... :(

The only solution that I found is to disable AutoFill on the settings of Google Chrome, but that's not a real solution: all my users will need to modify manually that setting, and It will strop working on ALL the sites that they browse.

Any help?

owcarnia

Dec 16, 2018, 2:21:36 AM12/16/18
to Chromium-discuss, iba...@team-interactive.com
If anyone else stumbles upon this : don't use ID's for your inputs !