h.264 support for webrtc on Android

Gabe

Sep 25, 2016, 1:48:45 AM9/25/16
to Chromium-discuss
I'm curious about the availability of h.264 for webrtc on Android.

According to this site it's available:

However, on testing on the official Chrome build 53.0.2785.124, I don't see H264 listed in the sdp.

Is it available but hidden (i.e. is it possible to enable by fiddling with the sdp?) or just not available?

Also, would anyone here be able to tell me whether HW is used at all for either encode or decode?  It looks like only sw enc/dec is available, but would love confirmation.

Thanks,
Gabriel.

PhistucK

Sep 25, 2016, 2:00:23 AM9/25/16
to gabe....@makewonder.com, Chromium-discuss
discuss-webrtc might be a better group for this discussion.

PhistucK