SVG foreignObject not visible in Chrome >= v61

Xeno

Oct 19, 2017, 6:12:34 AM10/19/17
to Chromium-discuss
Since Google Chrome v61 on OS X we are not able to display a foreignObject in a SVG.
This works in other browsers as expected but not in Chrome >= v61.

This simple input field is just not visible:
<foreignObject id="v-48" x="1" height="28" y="36" width="98" class="editing"><body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><form><input style="background-repeat: repeat; background-image: none; background-position: 0% 0%;"></form></body></foreignObject>

Screenshot of the Chrome v62 rendering:

I can enter things in it and it is submitted on enter - so it is there, but not shown.

Here is a screenshot from the same page on firefox - input field visible as expected:

Any idea?

Thanks and regards,
Martin

PhistucK

Oct 19, 2017, 6:15:06 AM10/19/17
to martin....@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Xeno

Oct 23, 2017, 1:47:27 AM10/23/17
to Chromium-discuss, martin....@gmail.com
Thanks for your information.

There is already a bug report regarding SVG foreignObject and DIVs.
But since this bug report was not reproducible - and I am not able to build a standalone site that shows this issue (too much JS involved) - I will just workaround that issue and add a separate input field to the DOM and give it a fixed position.
The scaling will not work that way, but better than not seeing the input field at all.

PhistucK