Help enabling ARC on Chromium OS Build

steven...@makewonder.com

Jun 20, 2018, 11:26:41 AM6/20/18
to Chromium-dev
Hi,
  I am unable to connect to Google Play on my custom Chromium OS build on a Chromebook. The "Setting up Google Play... This may take a minute or so" dialog that appears when attempting to access Google Play runs for several minutes and then fails with "Something went wrong ".  My goal is to enable adb and install an apk.  Is there a build option to enable ARC or other android settings that I might be missing?

Here's what I've tried:

- I've built Chromium OS with all of the recommended API Keys (except Chrome OS Hardware ID API and Device Registration API).
- I can log onto the Chromebook with a google account without any issue
- I've installed the image onto the Chromebook's hard drive (not just running from usb)
- ssh'ed the apk and tried to open it in "Files" (the OS doesn't seem to know about apk's)

Is this a known issue?  Or maybe I'm missing some build option?

Thanks,

-S

Mike Frysinger

Jun 20, 2018, 1:25:42 PM6/20/18
to steven...@makewonder.com, chromium-dev
we haven't spent any time into making ARC++ work in Chromium OS.  you're probably on your own at this point, sorry.
-mike