All my trybots are failing on "compile (with patch) confirm no-op"

Avi Drissman

Jun 20, 2017, 7:49:38 PM6/20/17
to Chromium-dev
On https://codereview.chromium.org/2953513002, the bots
  • chromeos_amd64-generic_chromium_compile_only_ng
  • chromeos_daisy_chromium_compile_only_ng
  • linux_chromium_chromeos_ozone_rel_ng
  • linux_chromium_chromeos_rel_ng
  • linux_site_isolation
  • mac_chromium_compile_dbg_ng
  • mac_chromium_rel_ng
are all failing thus:

compile (with patch) confirm no-op compile (with patch) confirm no-op
This should have been a no-op, but it wasn't. ( 4 secs )

I'm searching in crbug and I see a few instances but nothing that's across all platforms.

Is there something going on here? Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Avi

Philip Rogers

Jun 20, 2017, 7:54:22 PM6/20/17
to Avi Drissman, Chromium-dev

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.

Jun 21, 2017, 6:16:47 AM6/21/17
to Philip Rogers, infr...@chromium.org, Avi Drissman, Chromium-dev
+infra-dev

It seems a bug the offending patch passed CQ in the first place, and broke subsequent builds.

Should we take a more detailed look at what happened and improve this check?

Paweł

Dirk Pranke

Jun 22, 2017, 12:53:36 PM6/22/17
to Paweł Hajdan, Jr., Philip Rogers, Yuzhu Shen, Ken Rockot, Avi Drissman
bcc: chromium-dev, infra-dev ...

Yes, I am curious to know what happened here, as well.

pdr@, yzshen@, rockot@, do we know?

-- Dirk

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "infra-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/infra-dev/CAATLsPavYkytffgoEg5aALaedYhmWQKcDfO%2BPBJmrZ5cvEVCpg%40mail.gmail.com.