How can i open a popup when cromium browser first time loaded

koushikchhetri

Jun 20, 2011, 4:35:39 AM6/20/11
to Chromium-dev
Hi everyone,

I want to open a popup when first time chromium browser loaded.
Where should i write my code.

Thank
Koushik Chhetri

Antony Sargent

Jun 20, 2011, 4:00:50 PM6/20/11
to koushik...@gmail.com, Chromium-extensions
[+cc chromium-extensions, chromium-dev moved to bcc]

An extension can accomplish this with a background page. See the following documentation for more details:

koushikchhetri

Jun 21, 2011, 8:03:23 AM6/21/11
to Chromium-dev
@Antony Sargent
Thanks,

But I am not asking about chrome extension.Actually i am studying the
chromium browser project and I want to open a popup like about page
from the chromium code.
Where should i paste my code like in chrome_main.cc,browser_main.cc
etc.Is it possible then how.Please help

Thanks
Koushik chhetri

Antony Sargent

Jun 21, 2011, 12:55:16 PM6/21/11
to koushik...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
First I'd suggest you take a look at the following documentation:

I'm not an expert at this area of the code, but some interesting sounding classes for you to look at are BrowserMain (chrome/browser/browser_main.h), BrowserInit (chrome/browser/ui/browser_init.h), and Browser (chrome/browser/ui/browser.h).

Another resource you might find helpful: http://codesearch.chromium.org

Message has been deleted