Chromium tab CPU overload while page load

zenp...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2018, 7:51:07 PM6/20/18
to Chromium-dev
After some update my sites cause to crash chromium browser tab with CPU overload issue.
Symptoms: pending some of static files to load and next crash a tab!

I was check my code in FireFox, Microsoft Edge and Safari browsers and find all works like a charm.

examples:

Please fix this issue or give me recommendations to audit my front-end.

Thanks!

PhistucK

Jun 21, 2018, 1:42:30 PM6/21/18
to zenp...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
I tried the first URL using BrowserStack and I guess it seems safe. I observed the high CPU usage, but did not let it last for too long so I did not observe crashes.
The Performance panel of the Developer Tools did not reveal anything useful (most of the time was "idle").

You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

PhistucK

Jun 21, 2018, 2:08:20 PM6/21/18
to zenp...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
Also, did you try to debug it by yourself?
If I were you, I would try to remove stuff from the page and see when it stops. I would start with third party scripts, and then your scripts. CSS, HTML structures are also suspects.

PhistucK

zenp...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2018, 3:41:27 PM6/21/18
to Chromium-dev, zenp...@gmail.com
Hello, PhistucK!

All this steps are done! I try to disable some functions of my frontend library like connection of bootstrap CSS and refresh screen alignment values thats executed automatically after page load success. There are no result. After some clicks all freezes and next crashes. Also I try to comment code lines that possibly cause freeze but it steel useless.

When I test my library on localhost without CMS observe code this bug steel have a place. So, I have no chances to view expanded debug info because no any tools intended for chromium debug.

I can post link to plain code library if it needed for you to test on localhost.

PhistucK

Jun 21, 2018, 4:05:26 PM6/21/18
to zenp...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
So keeping the page only with style and no JavaScript at all still reproduces the high CPU load?
Sounds like a bug, then. Use crbug.com like I mentioned before.

Also, this group is for browser development issues, not for web bugs. Please, use crbug.com instead.

PhistucK

zenp...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2018, 6:30:25 AM6/22/18
to Chromium-dev, zenp...@gmail.com