Draws chromium tab bar'shape

Zhong

May 17, 2018, 8:17:11 PM5/17/18
to Chromium-dev
hello guys,

    I want to change the shape of the tab bar, but i can't find how chromium draws it, so anybody could help me? thanks!

PhistucK

May 18, 2018, 9:04:30 AM5/18/18
to xiuhao...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
This old change list implemented the Material Design edition of the tab strip, maybe that will help -

I believe the shape is drawn by code (see some lineTo calls), not using an image.

PhistucK

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 3:16 AM Zhong <xiuhao...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello guys,

    I want to change the shape of the tab bar, but i can't find how chromium draws it, so anybody could help me? thanks!

Peter Kasting

May 18, 2018, 11:53:41 AM5/18/18
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:15 PM Zhong <xiuhao...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello guys,

    I want to change the shape of the tab bar, but i can't find how chromium draws it, so anybody could help me? thanks!

Individual tabs are drawn by chrome/browser/ui/views/tabs/tab.cc.  The overall tabstrip layout is handled by chrome/browser/ui/views/tabs/tab_strip.cc.

This code is under heavy development right now (I have a local CL in progress which changes a thousand lines), so if you begin touching it locally you are likely to have a lot of merge conflicts to resolve in the future.

PK

Paul A. Simpson

May 24, 2018, 10:10:59 PM5/24/18
to Chromium-dev
Hi Peter,

Out of curiosity, is the macOS multi-select and drag tabs bug going to be fixed in your 1000 line CL? I will switch to Canary in a heartbeat whenever that fix lands.

Thanks.

Avi Drissman

May 24, 2018, 10:15:09 PM5/24/18
to pa...@aprovina.com, Chromium-dev
There was briefly a bug in Chrome 66 where multi-select then drag of tabs on the Mac was broken. It was fixed.

If you are still experiencing it, and your Chrome is up-to-date, please file a bug at new.crbug.com. That should be working.

Avi

Paul A. Simpson

May 25, 2018, 1:33:01 PM5/25/18
to Chromium-dev
Thank you Avi. There is already an open bug report that is listed as "Available:"

I'm happy to open another one if there's something wrong with that bug report - let me know.

FWIW, it still repros for me on Chrome 66.x and 68.x. As far as I can recall, this has been broken for me for years, although I've only been keeping a close eye on this issue for about 12-18 months.

Thanks.

Avi Drissman

May 25, 2018, 1:38:06 PM5/25/18
to pa...@aprovina.com, Chromium-dev
Oh, within the window. Yes, that's the appropriate bug.

Paul A. Simpson

May 25, 2018, 3:05:20 PM5/25/18
to Chromium-dev
👍

I know there's a lot of work going on with Views right now - is there reason for near-term optimism that a fix will come as part of the MacViews deployment? Phase 4 of MacViews should be fairly soon, if I'm not mistaken?

Avi Drissman

May 25, 2018, 3:37:20 PM5/25/18
to pa...@aprovina.com, Chromium-dev
I ran a test with a local build with MacViews turned on, and things worked. This will almost certainly be resolved with it shipping.

Paul A. Simpson

May 25, 2018, 5:35:34 PM5/25/18
to Chromium-dev
That's great to hear; thanks so much for taking the time to test it.