OOPIF Status, June 29, 2016

Charlie Reis

Jun 29, 2016, 5:21:57 PM6/29/16
to chromium-dev, blink-dev, site-isol...@chromium.org

Project Page: Out-of-process iframes (OOPIFs)

Status, June 29:

  • Recent updates:

    • We're continuing our --isolate-extensions launch trial on Dev and Canary channels, and we're preparing to enable it more broadly.

    • Landed (and reverted) a CL to enable the new navigation path by default.

    • Enabled layout tests in --isolate-extensions mode on the Site Isolation Win FYI bot, which was a bit of missing test coverage.

    • Fixed trackpad scrolling in OOPIFs on ChromeOS.

    • Fixed file chooser dialogs for OOPIFs.

    • Fixed a few more layout tests to pass with OOPIFs.

    • Fixed expectations in some navigation tests for the new navigation path.

    • Landed another 2 CLs towards supporting IME in OOPIFs.

    • Resolved LoadDataWithBaseURL behavior change with new navigation path.

    • Updated documentation for WebContenstObserver and SiteInstance.

  • In progress work:

    • IME support for OOPIFs.

    • Switching to the new navigation path.

    • Resolving remaining blocking bugs for --isolate-extensions.

    • Fixing page visibility API.

    • Investigating renderer kills.

    • Reducing memory usage of RemoteFrames.

Please send any questions to site-isol...@chromium.org!

Thanks,

Charlie Reis and the Site Isolation Team