What diffirent between chrome/browser/resources/ntp4 vs chrome/browser/resources/local_ntp???

Vuong Nguyen

Apr 23, 2014, 12:43:17 PM4/23/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
I tried to delete a mv-row (most visited-row) in local_ntp.js then rebuild and it worked (the New Tab only show a row of most visited page). But when I restart chrome, everything returned to the old.
Anybody can explain for me?
Thanks so much.

PhistucK

Apr 23, 2014, 1:42:23 PM4/23/14
to hoangvu...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
The local_ntp is the local version of the new tab page, I believe. Chrome loads the New Tab page from Google, I think.

PhistucK

Vuong Nguyen

Apr 23, 2014, 9:11:17 PM4/23/14
to PhistucK, Chromium-dev

I agree with your first point. But I think new tab page is not loaded from google. It should stay somewhere in the source code and we can modify it

Vào 24-04-2014 00:43, "PhistucK" <phis...@gmail.com> đã viết:

PhistucK

Apr 24, 2014, 12:54:21 AM4/24/14
to Vuong Nguyen, Chromium-dev
"should" is one thing, "is" is another. :)
This seems to be the URL of the (current) Google based New Tab page -
https://www.google.com/_/chrome/newtab?espv=210&ie=UTF-8

PhistucK