Branch date change for Chromium 45

Jason Kersey

Jun 25, 2015, 5:45:13 PM6/25/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
Just a heads up to folks doing Chromium 45 related work, we're planning to push our release branch point out by two weeks to July 10th. We're asking that no major refactorings land during these extra two weeks, and that we work to keep the quality high across the tree. As always, we may move the date earlier or later based on our stability and bug metrics on July 10th, but don't plan to.

The remaining dates for 45, and for the rest of the year are unchanged. This is only a change for the branch point, which had an extra two weeks between it and the beta promotion date this year. Please let me know if you have questions or concerns. Thanks!

Jason

Jay Senior

Jun 26, 2015, 3:05:42 PM6/26/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi Jason,

I see that the v46 and v47 dates have not changed. Since v46 was supposed to have an 8-week development cycles instead of the regular 6-week one, does that just mean you're shifting the 8 weeks to v45 and attempting to keep v46 to 6 weeks?
Thanks!

Anthony LaForge

Jun 26, 2015, 3:15:50 PM6/26/15
to jays...@gmail.com, chromium-dev
Hi Jay,

That's a correct assessment, and a good way to to think about the scheduling shift.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Laforge
Technical Program Manager
Mountain View, CA