Content Shell with ASan on NVidia shield TV (Android)

Michał Krasowski

Jan 16, 2017, 8:06:37 AM1/16/17
to Chromium-dev
Following the https://dev.chromium.org/developers/testing/addresssanitizer#TOC-Building-on-Android,
I'm trying to use script to install the asan wrapper onto an android device (NVidia Shield):

./tools/android/asan/third_party/asan_device_setup.sh --lib third_party/llvm-build/Release+Asserts/lib/clang/*/lib/linux/libclang_rt.asan-arm-android.so

Adding following options seems to do the thing, but some system services start to crash on boot, causing a bootloop (see the attached log.txt logcat)
It would be fabulous to have a solution that would influence only the apk being debugged, rather than the whole OS.

Do you guys have any way to deal with such problem?
log.txt

Michał Krasowski

Jan 16, 2017, 11:47:12 AM1/16/17
to Chromium-dev
Maybe you have a particular device on which you run ASan?
I would be grateful if you could share the model.

This would greatly improve our android-dev lifes :)