'chrome::AttemptRestart' seems not to activate restored window. Is this intended?

Sang Woo Ko

Jun 22, 2017, 4:01:06 AM6/22/17
to Chromium-dev
Hi guys!

I found that calling 'chrome::AttemptRestart' restarts entire browser but doesn't activate the restored browser.
Is this intended? If so, why is that?

Thank you in advance :)

Greg Thompson

Jun 22, 2017, 10:25:08 AM6/22/17
to sangw...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev

What platform? Have you checked crbug to see if there's an existing issue?

Sang Woo Ko

Jun 22, 2017, 11:04:57 AM6/22/17
to Chromium-dev, sangw...@gmail.com
Hi, Thompson.

Yes I did.  I've searched with "AttemptRestart" but I couldn't find anything related. That's why I thought this might be intended.
I've tested on Windows 7, 10 by resetting flags from chrome://flags.

Thanks.

2017년 6월 22일 목요일 오후 11시 25분 8초 UTC+9, Greg Thompson 님의 말:

PhistucK

Jun 22, 2017, 12:35:44 PM6/22/17
to sangw...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
You might be experiencing crbug.com/178742 or crbug.com/71446. Sounds familiar?

PhistucK

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/c706b65a-075d-4685-b9ec-a0126c175ba1%40chromium.org.

Sang Woo Ko

Jun 23, 2017, 12:18:20 AM6/23/17
to Chromium-dev, sangw...@gmail.com

Hi, PhistucK :)

As for symptom, they are similar to my problem. But neither of them are reproducible on my PC.
This is what happens when I reset flags. You can see a restored browser is behind another app and the Chrome icon is blinking on the taskbar.

If an app is clicked before resetting flags, the app will have focus after Chrome is restored.

Do you want me to submit this to crbug? or is this natural?

Thank you :)

2017년 6월 23일 금요일 오전 1시 35분 44초 UTC+9, PhistucK 님의 말:

PhistucK

PhistucK

Jun 23, 2017, 3:00:43 AM6/23/17
to sangw...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
Looks buggy. I would file a bug if I were you. :)

PhistucK

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/cf96934f-5b1c-4329-940b-48dfed7dd51d%40chromium.org.

Sang Woo Ko

Jun 23, 2017, 3:51:19 AM6/23/17
to Chromium-dev, sangw...@gmail.com
Thank you. I'll do :)

2017년 6월 23일 금요일 오후 4시 0분 43초 UTC+9, PhistucK 님의 말:

PhistucK

Michael Giuffrida

Jun 26, 2017, 2:56:58 PM6/26/17
to sangw...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
What about the repro steps at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=178742#c11? It does sound a lot like that.

Unfortunately that bug has been open for >4 years...

Sang Woo Ko

Jun 26, 2017, 10:19:08 PM6/26/17
to Chromium-dev, sangw...@gmail.com
Hi Michael.

As the second comment is saying, visiting chrome://restart reproduces this.
On Windows7, 100%. On Windows10, visiting chrome://restart repeatedly can reproduce this.

Thank you!

2017년 6월 27일 화요일 오전 3시 56분 58초 UTC+9, Michael Giuffrida 님의 말:

Greg Thompson

Aug 5, 2017, 5:01:52 PM8/5/17
to sangw...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev

A change in Chrome 61 (currently on beta channel) may have resolved this. Could you give it a try and report back? Thanks.

(https://crrev.com/483511, in case you're curious.)

Sang Woo Ko

Aug 25, 2017, 6:08:14 AM8/25/17
to Chromium-dev, sangw...@gmail.com
Sorry for delayed response. I downloaded Chrome 61 and tested it  but it's still reproducible.

2017년 8월 6일 일요일 오전 6시 1분 52초 UTC+9, Greg Thompson 님의 말: