Where to put Proto definition

Luke Sorenson

Apr 25, 2017, 5:47:11 PM4/25/17
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi there,

I have a proto that is used by both sources in extensions/browser/api/ and chromeos/dbus/ (just for a fake D-Bus client for testing purposes).

Currently the proto is defined in extensions/browser/api/, which causes presubmit errors: "You added one or more #includes that violate checkdeps rules."

Where should I put this proto definition to be included in both code locations?

Thanks,

Luke

Daniel Erat

Apr 26, 2017, 10:44:48 AM4/26/17
to las...@google.com, Chromium-dev
Permissible include paths are listed in DEPS files. extensions/browser/DEPS permits includes of files under chromeos/, but neither chromeos/DEPS nor chromeos/dbus/DEPS permits includes of files under extensions/.