"fetch chromium" failures on mac

Xi Cheng

Dec 4, 2017, 5:04:27 AM12/4/17
to Chromium-dev
Hi,

I am trying to build Chrome on my mac, following the instructions here. However, "fetch chromium" failed in the step of "gclient sync", with the call stack attached below. Does anyone have any ideas where may go wrong? Thanks!

Error: Command '/usr/bin/python src/build/mac_toolchain.py' returned non-zero exit status 1 in /Users/chengx

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/Users/chengx/depot_tools/fetch.py", line 301, in <module>

    sys.exit(main())

  File "/Users/chengx/depot_tools/fetch.py", line 296, in main

    return run(options, spec, root)

  File "/Users/chengx/depot_tools/fetch.py", line 290, in run

    return checkout.init()

  File "/Users/chengx/depot_tools/fetch.py", line 133, in init

    self.run_gclient(*sync_cmd)

  File "/Users/chengx/depot_tools/fetch.py", line 78, in run_gclient

    return self.run(cmd_prefix + cmd, **kwargs)

  File "/Users/chengx/depot_tools/fetch.py", line 68, in run

    return subprocess.check_output(cmd, **kwargs)

  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 573, in check_output

    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)

subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('gclient', 'sync')' returned non-zero exit status 2

Lei Zhang

Dec 4, 2017, 11:38:30 AM12/4/17
to che...@google.com, Chromium-dev
Try running mac_toolchain.py manually and see what's going wrong?
Maybe you need to do some additional setup first, or authenticate in
an interactive session.
> --
> --
> "Chromium-dev" group.
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/CAAC2bK-ELbyy-esOcJUBONfwmRD68j6f84P60K-jEA1O5tY85g%40mail.gmail.com.

Xi Cheng

Dec 5, 2017, 1:39:17 AM12/5/17
to Lei Zhang, Chromium-dev
Ah, I did miss an authentication step. Thanks Lei!

海兵陈

Dec 14, 2017, 9:00:14 AM12/14/17
to Chromium-dev, the...@chromium.org
Hi Xi,

I just want to get the chromium code and got the same error as you, how did you fix the error?

Thanks.

在 2017年12月5日星期二 UTC+8下午2:39:17,Xi Cheng写道:

Xi Cheng

Dec 14, 2017, 10:24:04 AM12/14/17
to hbch...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, Lei Zhang
The build instructions are slightly different for Googlers (who have corp machines) and non-Googlers. For Google corp machines, some authentication instructions must be followed, which otherwise will result in the issue I ran into.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/15e6bc24-40dd-4793-a0a6-153c19945044%40chromium.org.

Message has been deleted

海兵陈

Dec 15, 2017, 2:08:10 AM12/15/17
to Chromium-dev, hbch...@gmail.com, the...@chromium.org
Xi, I'm none your corp developers, however, I have the same issue, any ideas about it ? btw:I am now using  win7, two env variables(PATH and DEPOT_TOOLS_WIN_TOOLCHAIN) have been set properly.

Thanks.

在 2017年12月14日星期四 UTC+8下午11:24:04,Xi Cheng写道:

Lei Zhang

Dec 15, 2017, 2:53:53 PM12/15/17
to 海兵陈, Chromium-dev
This thread is about building on Mac. There are several other threads
about building on Windows. You may want to check them and see if
someone already answered a similar question.