Where to find tests for PasswordStoreDefault::RemoveLoginsCreatedBetweenImpl?

Timo Reimann

Aug 24, 2015, 7:20:21 PM8/24/15
to Chromium-dev
Hi,

I'm currently working on enabling origin-based deletion of password browsing data (issue 113973). My idea was to start with PasswordStoreDefault first, so I have created a new method pretty similar to RemoveLoginsCreatedBetweenImpl (with the difference of taking another Origin parameter). I am now at a point where I want to add some tests, which should be somewhat similar to any pre-existing tests for RemoveLoginsCreatedBetweenImpl. Unfortunately, I fail to find such tests for that method anywhere in the code base.

The closest I managed to find were PasswordStoreDefaultTest which only seems to use the method in a context where nothing should be deleted; and PasswordStoreTest which just covers the completion callback (but states that the method's functionality is actually being verified elsewhere).

The various platform-specific password store implementations seem fairly sophisticated, so I feel like the tests I'm looking for are out there somewhere, just hiding from me. Can anyone give me a pointer?

Thanks in advance!

Timo

Vasilii

Aug 25, 2015, 5:48:47 AM8/25/15
to Chromium-dev
PasswordStoreDefault is just a wrapper around LoginDatabase. You can check LoginDatabaseTest.ClearPrivateData_SavedPasswords.

PasswordStoreX and PasswordStoreMac backends contain their own tests of RemoveLoginsCreatedBetweenImpl.

Timo Reimann

Aug 25, 2015, 6:50:42 AM8/25/15
to Chromium-dev
Vasilii,