Can't detect Reload from an error page

Demetrios Tsillas

May 18, 2018, 3:14:51 PM5/18/18
to Chromium-dev
Hi All,

I am working on some code which for some cases creates an error page. The error page has a Reload button.

My code needs to know when that button gets pressed. I was hoping to do something like

or even insert some code in that handler.

The problem is that this code is not executed. The Reload does go into this handler but IsErrorPage is never true and the error is net::OK.

This is because the NavigationHandle is new and has not copied state from the handle which originally caused the error page. The only
item which was copied is the url.

If anyone can assist in fixing this or in suggesting s different/better way to detect the Reload in the UI, I would greatly appreciate your help.

-Jim.