build particular folder like "android_webview" in chromium

mukesh prabhakar

Apr 25, 2017, 5:05:20 AM4/25/17
to Chromium-dev
How can I build particular folder like "android_webview"  in chromium??

Nico Weber

Apr 25, 2017, 11:25:00 AM4/25/17
to mukeshpr...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
`ninja -C out/foo android_webview` -- but note that this builds the "android_webview" _target_, not targets in that folder. For the android_webview folder, the target therein has the same name though.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 5:05 AM, mukesh prabhakar <mukeshpr...@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I build particular folder like "android_webview"  in chromium??

mukesh prabhakar

Apr 26, 2017, 3:42:19 AM4/26/17
to Chromium-dev
Thanks. I will try the same today.

Will I get a jar file of the "android_webview" folder. If not then how will i get a jar file?

gowtham raj

Apr 15, 2019, 9:09:16 AM4/15/19
to Chromium-dev
Hi @mukesh,

I too have an same problem in building, when i use "ninja -C out/Default base", it almost takes 8 hours for every compilation.
can you please help us to build particular code changes in chromium?

Regards,
Gowthamraj K

Torne (Richard Coles)

Apr 17, 2019, 2:00:34 PM4/17/19
to gowthamra...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
Our build tools automatically only rebuild things that have changed and are required by the target you are requesting to build. If you are running "ninja -C out/Default base" then you will only compile things required by the base target, and only the parts that have changed since last time you built. base is a very small component so if that's taking more than a few minutes there's something very wrong with your setup and you'd need to provide some more info about what you're doing for anyone to help debug it. Does your computer meet the recommended specs for building chromium?