Re-merging patch on release branch

David Bokan

Jul 21, 2017, 11:17:29 AM7/21/17
to Chromium-dev
Hi folks,

I merged a patch back to the M60 branch a few days ago. Because some things changed since branch, the patch got reverted. I've found the fix and am trying to merge it back again (fixing the patch during conflict resolution) but git drover fails when trying to upload:

To https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git
 ! [remote rejected]           0ce2fd6318814158687d5d6bac970f3600e5c9da -> refs/for/refs/branch-heads/3112%ready,notify=ALL,m=Initial_upload (change https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/576557 closed)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git'
Error after CL description prompt -- saving description to /home/bokan/.git_cl_description_backup
Error: Upload failed

It looks like it finds the code review for the first time I merged, notices it's closed and refuses the patch. Is this expected? Should I instead "revert the revert" directly on the branch rather than merging? (haven't tried this yet, don't want to experiment on release branches)

Thanks in advance,
David

Sam McNally

Jul 24, 2017, 12:29:06 AM7/24/17
to bo...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Gerrit uses the Change-Id field in the CL description to track the associated CL. Try removing that line when uploading.